Don’t sterilize masks in microwave ovens

A new trend seems to be active on social media, usage of microwave ovens to sterilize masks, reusable or not.

Our advice : DON’T DO THAT

This is extremely dangerous and can cause fires in your home.

Microwave ovens are not designed to heat cloth materials, so there is a risk of fire. Many masks also have a metal nose wire or staples, increasing the hazard.

Sources:

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/dont-sterilize-masks-in-microwave-ovens-2325363

About the author

Leave a Reply